Make sure your client attracts homebuyers with these curb appeal tricks.
Are you working with a homeowner to list their property? If so, you want to be sure that they pay particular attention to ensuring the outside of the house looks its best at all times. Buyers only have one chance to make an impression on a seller, and the front of the house is the first thing people will see. If it’s looking lacklustre, check out these tips to improve curb appeal that you can relay to your client.
- Give the front door a facelift – Give the front door a fresh lick of paint (or paint it a new, bold color!) and molding for a grand entrance to your home!
- Painting or re-painting – This is a great way to drastically alter the home’s curb appeal and it may be the perfect option if you want to give your house a brand new look. Give the exterior walls some flair by picking a different (but neutral) color.
- Change the light fixture – This brightens up the house while creating a safe and inviting environment.
- Make the bed – Groomed garden beds indicate that the home has been well-maintained. Add some fresh, spring flowers, remove dead weeds and any debris to tidy and brighten up the front garden.
- Prune and divide – Trim shrubs, making sure to remove dead branches. Get rid of dead or diseased plants in the landscape. If there are perennial plants that have gotten too big, divide them and plant them in other places around the landscape.
- Trim the trees – The home needs to be visible from the curb so cut overgrown bushes and trees that blockage the driveway, path, or windows.
- Wash away the dirt – Many homeowners never realize how dirty their house gets! Turn the garden hose to the strongest setting to eradicate any dirt from the house and driveway.
- Fence around the yard – A small and neat fence is a great way to give the home a nice and cozy look.
- Let in light – Clean the windows to make them sparkle.
Have more questions about home improvements? Buying and selling a home is no small feat, so it pays to have a trusted, experienced professional on your side! Contact Dean Rathbun when it comes time to finding the perfect plan of action to buy your home. We are happy to help you.